Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Skirting the Issue

Not to brag, but I am really good at skirts. Like really good. Which is a shame, because they are so hard to find these days.

The past few years have been all about shorts, shorts, shorts. To which I say, which cruel, pin-legged fashion execs are behind a garment that expressly highlights thigh circumference?

No. As much as I love shorts in theory (and I get it - they can be cuter than cute), they are not for me. I have, and will, stay loyal to my trusty thigh-hiders (or "skirts," as they are known in fashion industry circles). Even when this means wearing to death the one or two short skirts that J. Crew et al makes each year.

But guys, do I sense change is in the air? That the sweet lil mini is making a comeback? My fingers are crossed.










These might get a place in my collection this spring:







*unrelated aside: spied an Olsen twin at dinner last week. She was not wearing a skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment